So its our anniversary!, yes the day I finally surrendered completely control to the one who deserves control Jesus! lol It was 3 years ago on January 1, 2014 I remember I was at my little sisters house and I had been toiling with this decision for a couple of weeks now. After receiving a prophetic word from two different people confirming God wanted me to lay down my event business, clothing line and desire to move to NY in order to follow MY dreams instead now to follow HIM. That was a tough and scary decision as I was on the couch I just prayed I believe the most sincere prayer as I told him “that I was scared to let go and give him complete control but I would do it” Immediately after I said that prayer my phone had a notification the bible verse of the day and it was:
Don’t be afraid for I am with you
Don’t be discouraged for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will lift you up with my victorious right hand
I remember then running to my sisters room with the phone in the palm of my hand shaking in shock saying ” Omg he answered me, he answered me” with excitement lol
In all honesty I had made a commitment in my heart to give complete control over to Jesus for about a year to see what he could do lol. Well we see who won and who will always win…Oh ye of little faith, that was truly me.
Now 3 years later what can I say about my beloved bridegroom Jesus, he indeed has become my everything. He once said to me that “if I don’t know him and his ways how can I then walk in my assignment and calling”. He has indeed been faithful in showing me my true identity, my purpose and has filled every void and cleaned up every throne in my heart that I had. He not only King of my heart but of my life, my decisions, my thoughts, and reactions. I didn’t know how lost I was until He found me! That’s what I love about him drawing me into intimacy . I have realized Jesus desires this relationship with all his children. That’s what the cross did for all those who will and do believe in Jesus. It restores back to your true identity as a son and daughter of God. Having fellowship and communion with him daily which is available to anyone who would believe and surrender their whole life that Christ would live through you as his disciple and bride.
You see I was a believer but not a disciple and definitely not a bride. I hadn’t fully surrendered, I had the holy spirit around me but he wasn’t indwelling within me. That’s the beauty in surrender, you give up what wasn’t yours in the first place……your life because Jesus Christ died for all men and in him alone you have life.We have been through so much together it truly feels like a marriage not even kidding lol Now as his bride and disciple I know what that scripture means to be a submitted wife:
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord
Ooooh how I have learned and still learning the true meaning of submission unto the Lord. Its difficult at times for sure because its crucifying your flesh and truly DIE to yourself completely which is all by Gods grace and his work in us. He indeed has and is preparing me for marriage…Heeey now! lol I went through my old journals to look back at the many things I didn’t know and have come to know now walking with the Lord these past 3 years.
What I have learned about being the bride of Christ:
- Its soooooo rewarding!
- I was sent by God here on this earth to testify of him and be a witness to the light that’s inside of me…Jesus! John 1
- He dwells in my heart so I have to keep it pure
- Obedience, Obedience, Obedience lol oh and Trust, Trust, Trust hehe
- I am the highlight of his day! (we all are actually !)
- I have the same grace to walk just like Jesus did on this earth!
- The fastest way to His heart is through worship, he literally shows up and something supernatural happens!
- It is difficult, it will cost you everything for the word say “narrow and difficult is the way that leads to life and few go there in” Matthew 7:14
- Your life calls for complete abandonment to self-desires, motives, plans, strengths and complete surrender to the Lord
- This intimacy is available to everyone who desires it….”seek him UNTIL you find him” Jeremiah 29:13
- Giving up is not an option, to take Jesus hands when things get difficult and allow him to carry me
- That we all have the ability to actually hear and see Jesus in the spirit! Matthew 5:8
- Jesus loves to dance, He is so tender, sensitive, funny, and so loving!
- That my life should always be to raise others up around me than myself
- The greatest power on earth is LOVE and he has given all his brides a gift of love
- I have been called to a life of suffering, rejection and death (to self) just like my beloved Christ
- That I am called to look just like Christ I will be persecuted, accused, made fun of, rejected, scorned, talked about….that’s all normal because that’s when I look most like him
- He uses the worst situation and people to test my heart in love, patience and charity
- My Enemies are a gift from him and not enemies at all. He uses them to purify me so I should bless them and be thankful instead
- The more difficult and dark the situation or person the better because the light in me can shine brighter
- He has given me charge over the angels of heaven, I can command their assistance in anything….I love the angels! Matthew 28:18
- I am called to love others to Christ
- To be humble, to little, to be the least, to be overlooked, to become a beggar for his sake is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven
- To always gives thanks in everything…..I mean everything
So have you been feeling a pull on your heart this year 2017, to finally surrender ALL to the Lord. Not just surrender your Sundays by going to church and maybe even Wednesdays for bible study but no surrender all that you are. Surrender your heart, your life, and dreams completely to the one who is in control of ALL things, to the one who created the universe, to the one who has ALL authority over heaven and earth and most importantly to the one that died for you that you may live…..in him, Jesus. I am telling you surrender it all to him, surrender this year to him and stand back, let go of control, watch and be in awe at what he does in and with your life!
-From Jesus with Love